Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Sauce:
Not much beats warm, home baked oatmeal cookies straight out of the oven, that is, except for warm home baked oatmeal cookies with a side of chocolate! These cookies were made with a blend of steel cut oats and rolled oats for maximum oatmeal flavor. For a great way to recycle all those unwanted leftover hollow chocolate Easter bunny candies, a painless decapitation breathes new life onto the confection by transforming it into a chocolate pint glass; the perfect chalice to savor the 10th anniversary version (2014 vintage) of Terrapin Beer Company’s “Wake-N-Bake Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout”; an oatmeal imperial stout with coffee roasted by Jittery Joe’s Coffee. The dark, roast-y, coffee flavor in the oatmeal stout meshed wonderfully with the dark chocolate’s similar roasted flavor, elevating this beer and dessert pairing to a higher level.
Oatmeal Cookies: butter, steal-cut oatmeal, eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, AP flour, whole grain flour, baking soda, salt, homemade bourbon vanilla extract, flaked oats, cinnamon.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups 'steel-cut' oats
- Pre-made chocolate sauce
- Heat the Oven to ~375 degrees.
- Combine the salt, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and of ⅞ of a cup the flour, and beat to unite.
- Mix in the remaining ⅞ of a cup of flour.
- Use a spoon to drop uniform amounts onto a parchment paper covered ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for ~13 minutes or until the edges are a light brown color, allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with a portion of chocolate sauce.